Thursday, December 20, 2007

Trying to do my part

So, it's been chaotic (that could be an understatement) in my life in the last two weeks. Between our impending move, Christmas approaching at three times the speed of light, the cold hasn't managed to take a permanent hold - yet, and work, well, there's barely been time to stop and think.

Just think. Things like, hmm, I wonder what I should eat for breakfast. Or I wonder what I should wear. You know, the everyday stuff.

This morning was particularly rushed and slow at the same time. When I finally got myself showered and clothed in grey pants and a black sweater, someone had stolen a good half hour of my time and so I decided to skip the raisin bran and home-brewed coffee and grab a hot beverage and a (stupidly high in calories) pastry from the local Seattle-based, soccer-mom, mega-coffee shop, something I don't do very often, but apparently I've done twice in the last eight days now.

In I walk, order my 4,000,000,000 calorie breakfast substitute, hand over my travel coffee mug and pay. I move down to the end of the counter where they smack the beverages down when they're ready and my jaw drops. As the nice lady behind the counter makes my drink in a PAPER CUP and then POURS it into my travel mug and then THROWS IT AWAY.

HUH?!?!?!?

Besides the convenience of using a mug that is somewhat insulated with a lid that closes securely, I like to pretend I'm doing something small for our world by not filling the landfill with yet another disposable coffee cup from the local Seattle-based, soccer-mom, mega-coffee shop (or any other coffee shop for that matter). I use my mug almost every day, usually filled with the aforementioned home-brew. I have a second mug for when I bring tea with me, because coffee flavoured tea, well, it's just gross.

And just to make the stupidity of the making it in one cup and dumping it in another even more stupid...my travel coffee mug is from the local Seattle-based, soccer-mom, mega-coffee shop and is the size of the drink that I ordered - I didn't order something smaller for my big cup...I just don't get it...

And just because the day started off so well...those grey pants I put on, remember them from way up there?! Yeah, well, don't get dressed in the dark or while half asleep. I got to work to discover they were green.

Good thing green and black go together.

Too bad I look like a bruise.

Still shaking my head...That's all.

2 comments:

  1. jeez! I can't believe it when people do that - I've had that happen at Timmy Hos too. Dumb people.

    ReplyDelete