Saturday, December 26, 2009

Those Christmas Resolutions...

I made this list in 2007 and checked in last year. Let's see how well I did...

  1. I will not leave all my shopping until the week before Christmas. We were pretty much done by the 20th although I had to run out on the 24th for a couple of small things
  2. I will do some Christmas baking. Some yes...two batches of shortbread...
  3. I will not forget an entire box of ornaments in the basement (or storage or closet or whatever other storage arrangement next year brings). Well, I didn't forget any, but we hardly brought any out as there are small hands that would love to touch, toss and taste all of the Christmas decorations.
  4. I will not leave my Christmas cards until the weekend before Christmas. Um, yeah. Still not done.
  5. I will use an assortment of different colours in my wrapping/bagging in future years. All red gets kind of boring. No problem. Lots of colours.
  6. I will not look for a new place to live in the six weeks preceding Christmas. We're not moving anytime soon...
  7. I will not move in the four weeks following Christmas (okay, so maybe those two are somewhat out of my control sometimes, but should I ever get amnesia and forget what it was like this year, this will serve as a memory jog I hope). See previous answer
  8. I will enjoy every moment I get to spend with friends and family. Done. Over and over!

No comments:

Post a Comment