Friday, August 13, 2010

But they don't have oatmeal!

It's been a week. You know, one of those weeks. Not that anything particularly bad happened, but it's been a long, trying, difficult week.

And because it's Friday and the week is almost over and we get start from scratch on Monday, well, I decided I *NEEDED* a fancy coffee from the local-seattle-based-soccer-mom-mega-coffee-shop.

There was a long line up. But I didn't care. Behind me there was a group of ladies from a clinic of some sort - doctor, dentist, I'm not sure, but they were all wearing scrubs.

I ordered and moved over to the side to wait for my drink and I heard one of the ladies order. She asked for some kind of coffee and oatmeal.

But there was no oatmeal.

This proved to be a minutes long dilemma for this lady. She turned to one of her co-workers and said "I don't know what I'm going to do. I need to eat and I really don't want a pastry or a cookie."

It was all I could do to keep from laughing.

You see, this particular location of the local-seattle-based-soccer-mom-mega-coffee-shop happened to be located in one fully-functioning, completely open for business, fully-stocked GROCERY STORE.

No comments:

Post a Comment