Monday, November 13, 2006

The other inhabitants of the Blue House

the blue housethe blue house


Alex and I live in the Blue House just steps away from everything we could ask for in a neighbourhood - a giant grocery store, six or seven produce stores, two Greek import delis, a used book store, a kids book store, a craft shop that carries emergency knitting supplies like needles, stitch markers, and wool, the doctor's office, a pharmacy, a camera shop, three Starbucks in two blocks, countless other neighbourhood coffee shops, three bakeries, a Cupcakes shop, a library, major bus routes, a gas station, restaurants, clothing shops, card shops, dollar stores, pubs, a movie theatre...well, you get the picture, except to go to work, we figure we can do everything else we need to do (and somethings we didn't think we needed to do or didn't know we *could* do) on foot except visit the dentist...

Before Alex lived with me in the Blue House, Roslyn lived here with me. And before that, I lived in the Hobbit Hole...You might have known all that.



hobbit holehobbit hole


But did you know about the occupants of the Blue House? No, I'm not talking about our WONDERFUL landlady, K, or the downstairs tenant, R. Nor am I referring to the various creatures who thought they should inhabit our back deck all summer long. I'm talking about the other inhabitants of our suite.

When I first moved in, one morning I made my bed, fluffed the bed garnish pillows and turned my back to the bed to do something else. When I turned around, there was an indentation of a head on one of the pillows. I ignored it.

The taps in the bathroom kept being left on, except, sometimes the last person in there was CERTAIN the taps had been fully turned off. K called a plumber.

The tap problem disappeared after the bathroom fiasco this summer was over...

Then there was the tapping that came from no where and went away when we said things to it like "Go away, we can't sleep." It stopped not long after Roslyn left and we forgot about it until it started up again a few weeks ago. It's not as loud or as frequent, but it's there.

Then, one night, a few weeks ago, I woke up to Alex making a very scary sound. Seems he had woken up and seen a man at the end of the bed staring at us.

Yeah, I ignored that too.

I guess I'm a bit skeptical...But I often feel like there is someone in the house with me when Alex is at work. I'm never frightened, but I don't feel alone...

So the part that made me really believe there are at least two other inhabitants in our house was when I came home last week. I was at one of my classes and it's a later class and sometimes Alex beats me home. So I peaked through the window as I was opening the door. And there was a girl/young women staring back at me. She had long straight hair with bangs and a poofy old fashioned blouse on.

I didn't tell Alex right away...he gets a bit weirded out by that kind of thing, but I told Stacey. She said that ghosts only show themselves when there is something big happening in the house...a big change of some sort...who knows what's afoot in our house, but it's kind of interesting. I told Alex yesterday and he didn't take it too badly...he said I should write about it...so I am...and that's our ghost story...

If they appear again or if strange stuff happens, I'll let you know!

1 comment:

  1. Little ghost, little ghost
    One I'm scared of the most
    Can you scare me up a little bit of love?
    I'm the only one that sees you,
    And I can't do much to please you
    And it's not yet time to meet the lord above

    teeheehee...that's so creeeeeepy!

    ReplyDelete