Saturday, March 24, 2007

All-night reading pleasure

Okay, so by now I'm sure it's apparent that I like books...And lately I've been reading books at a ferocious pace. It's a good thing I've rediscovered the library or my book diet would have failed dramatically!

Anyway, last night, for the first time in a very long time, I actually stayed up past 11:00...I even stayed up past midnight...and all because of a book.
suite francaise
I gave my Mom Suite Francaise for Christmas this year and she brought it with her when she was here looking after me one of those times in January or February. She left it for me to read when she went home and I really just picked it up this week. And haven't been able to put it down. Until about 1:15 last night when I read the last page, sighed because there wasn't MORE, and picked up the next book in the pile on the bedside table - Clan of the Cave Bear - also a book I've been trying to read for a while...and I breezed through a few chapters before deciding that even though today was Saturday and I could sleep in, I should really go to sleep.

I anticipate another late night ahead tonight. It's a good thing it's miserable and raining and I don't need to go outside today...I have a book that's demanding my attention.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE when you find that book that makes you lose sleep! I wish there were more of them! Sounds like I might need to borrow that one ;) (this is after I read the one from the book club that I haven't finished yet - sigh)

    ReplyDelete