Friday, June 08, 2007

Intermittent Chaos

...punctuated by that sick-to-your-stomach feeling of panic that comes with feeling like you've taken on a project that's way over your head, that's a pretty good description of my life right now. Not that it was a project I voluntarily took on, more like it was thrust in my general direction.

I was saying to Heddy the other day, I haven't felt this way about work since we worked together at the place where we both worked very long hours and were (under) paid for only a portion of those hours.

This week's strategy has involved a number of walks up and down the steps to Wreck Beach, many cups of tea, a few panicked phone calls to supportive individuals, and constant reminders to myself that it could be worse: I could still be doing that job where I got to do fun stuff like clean up flooding messes, clean up overflowing toilets, babysit, run a lunch service (all things classified as "other duties as required" on the job description), and still stay on top of my 2,359 other daily duties, even if that meant getting leaving the house at 7:30 in the morning and getting home at 10:30 or 11:00 at night.

Somehow I have made it to Friday, which means for two days I will NOT do any work related tasks. Now I just have to stick to the pledge, because if I don't, well, by this time next week, I might just be certifiably NUTS (yeah, yeah, I know some of you think I am already...). I can do it if I keep chanting my remember when you were a glorified gopher mantra over and over in my head. And Alex will remind me that I promised not to do any work this week...right Alex?

Happy weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment