Monday, June 16, 2008

It was Mother's Day...

a while ago...and I never posted this, even though it was in my head...and even though I wasn't home, I did think of my Mom and talked to her at least once!

colleen and shannon

So...Mom, this is why you're the bestest...because you:
  • temporarily moved in with me and Alex and took good care of both of us when I hurt my back and we all know that can't have been fun for you!
  • pick the best books
  • sent letters and clippings and other fun stuff to me when I lived anywhere other than Kelowna
  • are already taking care of the baby and its not here yet
  • send us home (and come visit) with care packages of good stuff like soup and canned fruit and jam and cake!
  • helped me pack all those times I went away
  • came to visit me all those times I went away
  • believe in the importance of family
  • encouraged but never pushed too hard
  • are the very best mom ever!
Those are just a few of the reasons - I could write a book about you, you know!

Happy belated Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment