Monday, June 02, 2008

Smells like Pax Lodge

You know how you can smell a smell and it immediately takes you to some other place or time? I know I've written about the Pax Lodge smell before and how it's one of the things I really like. I don't think I've ever smelled Pax Lodge outside of Pax Lodge before. I have smelled London outside of London, but not Pax Lodge.

Until today. Today I was in the little coffee area at work boiling some water and washing out a mug to make hot chocolate (because it's WINTER here again...what's up with THAT?) and the dish soap fairies bought a new brand of dish soap. It's some environmentally friendly something or other. And it did a nice job of cleaning out my mug.

And then, well then, I felt like I should be running Tilly and cleaning out Oscar and ironing to Classic FM and making endless beds and hoovering at 7:00 am and putting the flag up before breakfast and after putting in an hour and a half of work already and drinking wine on the Heath and vodka and tonic in the pubs and buying huge cans of beer, 3L bottles of Strongbow or individual Archers cooler drink things at the off license after last call. Yeah, if you lived or worked with me at Pax Lodge, you'll know what I mean.

Turns out, it was all because of that new dish soap.

Crazy.

And yes, yes I am procrastinating.

2 comments:

  1. So what was the dish soap? I want a flashback too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The brand is Earth Friendly Products and it's called Ultra Dishmate and it's Natural Grapefruit scented. Don't ask me why it smells like Pax Lodge since it's natural and biodegradable, not some commercial strength industrial cleaner...but it does. It apparently comes in Almond, Lavendar, Pear and Apricot too. And I don't know where to buy since the dish soap fairy left it for us.

    ReplyDelete