Thursday, June 10, 2010

Bitten by the yoga bug…and why that makes me grumpy

This post was originally published at Get Fit Chicks. It may refer to posts on Get Fit Chicks that no longer exist. Please email me if you run into any of those and I will break the links. More information about the reposting is available here

(written yesterday).

It’s settled…the yoga bug got me.

I take a yoga class twice a week at lunch time. Since I started, other than days when I wasn’t actually at work, I’ve missed one class. And that was because I had a sinus infection that made my head spin like a top if I glanced down at the keyboard. It might have sent me spinning into space to try something like a downward dog in that condition. Savasana (aka corpse pose), that I could have handled. But only savasana and nothing else.

So the bug bit me today. And now I’m grumpy. It bit me because I had to miss my class. They’re finishing up right now. Unfortunately I have a big meeting this afternoon. At 2:30. And I’m ready for it. But the chair of the meeting. Yup. Waited until 11:30 to prep for it, so I just spent the better part of the last hour on the phone with her, walking her through the same numbers over and over and over again. She’s had the numbers for TWO WEEKS. Sorry. Rant over.

So now instead of being happy and relaxed and yoga-y during my meeting, well, I’m working on it so hopefully it won’t happen, but there’s a really good chance I’m going to be grumpy.

And I was thinking about that…and well, it’s probably the first time since I played field hockey that I’ve been grumpy because I missed a work out. And I think that’s a really really really good thing. And now, because I’ve missed yoga but I still have just over an hour until my meeting I’m going for a walk!

No comments:

Post a Comment