Friday, June 04, 2010

Shuffle shuffle shuffle

So far 2010 has been a year full of all kinds of professional changes for me and for Alex. There have been changes in hours, in shifts, in bosses, in coworkers, in job descriptions, and soon, the last change we thought for at least a few months, a change in job location. Still in the same general area, but a new office for one of us.

Of course all of these changes have meant changes to day care scheduling and our daily routine. We thought the most recent change was going to be the last one for a while and it meant great things for us. Alex was around at night - I got to see him, J got to spend more time (and better quality time) with her daddy, Alex could hang out with friends and our weekends were actually full weekends because no one had to work until 2:00 am on Saturday mornings. It was great. It also took a lot of adjusting and I think, after three weeks, we are pretty close to having a new schedule that works well for all three of us and that we all like.

And of course, just as I was getting used to it and really loving it, it changed. Again. And now, we're heading back to the crap schedule. I'm not looking forward to it. I'm not looking forward to readjusting the schedules again. I'm not looking forward to changing the daycare arrangements again. I'm not looking forward to going to my boss and saying, well, yet again, I need to adjust the hours I work - is that okay? Again?

But mostly, mostly I'm not looking forward to long evenings alone. To Saturday and Sunday mornings occupying J and keeping her from going in to wake Alex up (even more complicated now since she can open all the doors in our house). To hardly seeing my husband anymore.

Excuse me while I go sulk.

That's all.

PS I get that I shouldn't be whining because, hey, we both have jobs and we have relatively flexible daycare and I have a very supportive and flexible (new) boss and all that. But I'm tired. And I feel like whining. Hmmmphf

No comments:

Post a Comment