Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Disappointment

At J's daycare they teach the kids to say things like "I'm disappointed" when they're upset that it's someone else's turn to have a toy or a book or a turn on the bike instead of yelling or hitting or pinching.

Tonight, I'm disappointed. I hoped, hoped, hoped that the Canucks would win the cup tonight. But they didn't.

I'm more disappointed by the behaviour of the Canucks fans in downtown Vancouver. It only took minutes for fans to light cars on fire, break things and start fighting. AndreaClaire was here and we cried in our beer together. Now there are sirens racing past our house.

So instead of rioting, I'm going to read some bedtime stories with my baby and then organize my house and clean my kitchen and get some food ready for the rest of the week...

No comments:

Post a Comment