Saturday, June 11, 2011

Week 23: Command Centre Necessity

Okay, I’m not caught up, I think I’m at week 19, but I’m jumping ahead here…Maybe I’ll have time tomorrow to sort the rest out…

Photobucket


This week the 52 week challenge at I'm an Organizing Junkie was all about a command centre. I read about other people’s command centres ALL THE TIME and lament the fact that our house isn’t big enough to have one. Except. Um. Yeah. Here we go with the questions…I actually do have one!

Week twenty-three questions:

1. Do you currently have an area in your home for a command center?
YES! It surprised me! We do. It’s called the kitchen counter.
I cleaned it up back in February…before that it looked like this:

kitchen before
On good days it looks like this:

kitchen after
And it’s really our command centre. Over on the left are two binders (there are three now) – our kitchen book (which is really a manual for everything and anything to do with our home and our lives) and the recipe binder (now there are two recipe binders – one with everything we use and one of ideas to try). The basket holds phone and camera chargers, the letter opener, tape, scissors. The porcupine holds the pens and pencils. I have an idea of how I would really like this to look, but it involves using a piece of furniture we don’t yet own for the binders…so it will just have to wait a bit longer. I’m hoping by the end of the summer I will have done enough contract work that we can buy our wall unit...

2. Have you had any luck implementing any of the tips from my book, Clutter Rehab?

Maybe…I read it a long time ago and I’ve implemented a few things in it, so I think so…but I had to give it back to the library.

3. Have you been able to maintain the spaces you have already organized?

Yes. I just need to think about it and the maintenance doesn’t end up taking long. It’s so nice to get up to a more clutter-free home these days!

No comments:

Post a Comment