Friday, December 17, 2010

70. Knit a winter hat for J

So, this happened by accident.

It was freezing cold.

FREEZING...

And J's hat looked more like a beret and she really needed something to cover her ears. So I set out to make her a new toque. That covers her ears.

So, I pulled out my knitting supplies (still not unpacked from our move three years ago...) and dug through my stash and found some leftovers. I love this stuff!

I made the Stitch 'n Bitch Valentine's Hat and Mittens of out it.

valentine's mittensSee the heart? It was much easier to do that I thought it would be. Good thing...

valentine's mittens
Flaps! I think I must have swatched this...if I hadn't it would have been all wonky.

alt=The hat. With the braid things. Its supposed to have a heart like the one on the glove in the middle of the forehead, but I decided against that.

These were great for a while. I attached an i-cord to the mittens so that I had lots of options for hot hands when I walked home from work.

Yes. This wool has been around since 2004, although these were a 2005 project.

I'm actually tempted to frog these and make something else. I haven't worn the hat much at all and I have barely worn the mittens since I stopped working somewhere easy to walk home from. Oooh, bad sentence ending with a preposition.

I also made this other hat that is probably something I adapted from a couple of patterns. I hate swatching, but this turned out all right and I wear it a lot. I think I made this in 2005, but this is 2006.

my hat #2
And this is the hat I made J. It's a good thing her head is so much smaller than mine or I would have been tempted to steal it and make her another one. I LOVE IT!

j's hat
She spent the evening after I made it wearing it around the house. I think she may have even worn it to bed.

she likes it
Of course, now it's too hot for this hat, but at least she has it for when the evil winter we're supposed to get strikes!

new hat
This was such a success and so much fun that I have three (non-baby blanket) projects on the go. Two Christmas gifts and one not Christmas gift. Yes Fiona, I'll post them on Ravelry...soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment