Thursday, December 16, 2010

Vij's Rangoli

38.1 Eat at ten new restaurants or coffee shops

Back in October, Alex and I celebrated our wedding anniversary. He was working until 7, so a week night date wasn't a possibility. I had just started on the crazy diet and I wasn't able to eat much and going to a restaurant wasn't appealing.

But I remembered what the first naturopath told me (the one who initially prescribed the crazy diet) - I'm not going to die if I have to eat non-recommended foods at one meal. If I can prepare but being extremely careful, I should, otherwise, I just really needed to watch what I ate the next few days.

So we decided to get a sitter and go to Vij's. Alex has been trying to take me there for almost three years, but first heart burn from being pregnant and then breast feeding (and a baby who didn't appreciate spicy breast milk) got in the way of those plans.

We had trouble finding a sitter and then my sister recommended Vij's Rangoli. It's next door and they do take out.

It was perfect. J was teething and it took forever to get her to go to sleep. It was a miserable night and pouring rain and there's always a huge line up at Vij's, but Alex was able to go up, get dinner, and make it home in likely less time than we would have spent in line. We live close enough to it that it was all still hot. AND IT WAS GOOD. I'd go there again. Regularly.

I don't have any pictures because we were too busy inhaling our food.

pumpkin ale
But I have a picture of the yummy beer we shared. It went so well with the food!

No comments:

Post a Comment