Friday, December 03, 2010

Three weeks?

Plus a day.

Ack.

Seriously. I'm starting to worry a bit. I woke up this morning and realized that, hello, today is December 3. DECEMBER THIRD. That means Christmas is 22 days away. That means there's only three weeks left to get ready.

Then I started making lists in my head of all the things I need to do:
  • Baking
  • Shopping
  • Make the four gifts I've committed to making that aren't food. I've started one. I'm 1/1000 of the way done it. That's it.
  • Christmas Cards
  • Get some decorations out - not too many, but some...currently there are some tea towels and Christmas mugs that I forgot to put away last Christmas and that's it. Oh, and the advent calendar. I went down and got it a few weeks ago, but J is not so interested in it. Lights, she loves those, advent calendar, meh.
  • Wrap presents...oh wait, I haven't bought any of them yet. Right.
Somehow I only have one weekend to do most of this stuff. I'm in a meeting pretty much all of this weekend and next weekend is it. The following weekend we're doing all of our pre-Christmas visiting, so we need to have our gifts pretty much done by then.

But I'm dreaming, right? Cause when I look out my window it looks like maybe it's October 3. Could we go with that instead? PLEASE?

Anyone have any strategies for quickly plowing through my list? Or for gifts for gentlemen in the late-twenties/early thirties bracket or the mid-forties range??????

I'm going to make a list. That will make me feel better. Might not accomplish anything, but I'll feel better...

No comments:

Post a Comment