Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Reality Beckons

In a few minutes the last party of our vacation will start...J and I have been away for quite a few days and we head home tomorrow. J is loving the party mode she thinks we've settled into. Anytime anyone comes to the house or we get in the car to go somewhere, she asks if this is another party. And if we say no, she wants to know why.

Why.

A word she learned on the plane here and we hear all the time now. I think maybe we might even hear more whys than nos. I'm not sure how I feel about that!

It will be great to get home and have a few days to settle into a familiar routine before we head back to daycare and work. We have a few days to get some groceries into our house and for me to try to figure out a week's worth of meals that we can all eat or at least are easy to modify so that I can eat them.

I've got about six weeks left of the GAPS diet...maybe eight. It depends on how long it takes me to recover from Christmas. I was pretty good, but there were a few times when maybe, just maybe, I had something that is on the list of foods that are not recommended. You know. Maybe.

Everything I read about eating things off the not recommended list made me a little scared a few times - the consensus seems to be that often when those foods are eaten, bad things happen. Reactions like headaches, stomach aches, digestive problems, skin rashes etc. Sometimes not long after and sometimes a few days later. Sometimes it sounded like I'd end up going through another healing crisis. Thankfully, none of that happened. I ate as well as I could and occasionally didn't. So, the next six weeks I am going to try very, very, very hard to stick to the recommended foods list. We discovered some interesting foods that I can eat (by accident) like some yummy spiced nuts my mom made, so I'm a little excited to have more choice!

I'm off now to get little miss ready for her last party of the season.

Hope you had a great holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment