Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Awesome Yoga Practice

This post was originally published at Get Fit Chicks. It may refer to posts on Get Fit Chicks that no longer exist. Please email me if you run into any of those and I will break the links. More information about the reposting is available here

I went to yoga yesterday for the first time in a week and a half. And the time before that was the first time in three weeks. And, ugh, I was really not looking forward to going yesterday. I was happy to sit cocooned in my little office and sip soup all day.

But I am so glad I went!

The last time I went to yoga, it had been three weeks because of work meetings and a lung infection...and my lung weren't quite ready to be doing anything. Anytime I squished my lungs, I ended up having to drop out of a pose so that I could breathe properly. When we did a reclining pigeon at the end, I couldn't even support myself – the instructor had to assist me. I felt so weak afterward too...oh lungs, you are important.

So, yesterday I was still a bit hesitant...my lungs should be fully healed. I'm not coughing anymore, but my body had just gone through a brutal healing crisis. I figured it would be another weak day.

Boy was I wrong. I couldn’t believe how strong I was. I was holding poses for ages without any shaking!

Oh GAPS diet, is this your handiwork? Because if it is, I might be able to forgive you the evil healing crisis. MIGHT.

And, to top it off, I'd been having a hard time with Tuesday classes. We have a new instructor for Tuesdays and I just wasn't enjoying it. The practice wasn't too hard or too easy, it just wasn't doing it for me. But I really enjoyed the whole class yesterday, so hopefully that means I'm over my dislike of Tuesday class! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment