Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Buffet Lunch and GAPS

So, today was our semi-annual portfolio lunch. I had thought I'd skip it (our little department is made up of two people and the other person, our Director, my boss, is away for a month) and go to yoga instead.

I wasn't sure what I was going to do about the food...

I knew it would be a buffet, but I had no idea what was going to be in the buffet or if I could eat any of it. Buffets are always a challenge - you never know what ingredients have been used to make the food and it's often hard to find someone to tell if you if a specific ingredient is in that dish right there.

But I changed my mind and decided to go. And I'm glad I did. It was a Moroccan buffet and it was tasty. There was of course a huge basket of rolls and some green salad. There was as beet and orange salad which I avoided - there was an unidentifiable sauce and I think beets taste like dirt. Literally. There was rice and couscous and chick peas. There was lamb curry (I also avoided that...my body and lamb are not friends) There was roasted chicken and roasted vegetables.

In the end I did okay and I was glad I went. I had some yummy chicken and vegetables and a huge serving of salad. It was good.

I was a bit disappointed in dessert. Usually at these lunches there is a platter of sweets and a fruit platter for each table, but today there was no fruit. :( I was looking forward to something yummy.

Eating out wasn't as hard as I thought it would be (I actually ate out on the weekend too and it wasn't bad), but I kind of feel like I'll be eating a lot of salad with no dressing because that seems to be the best way to know what exactly it is that I'm eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment