Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Progress with the GAPS diet?

This post was originally published at Get Fit Chicks. It may refer to posts on Get Fit Chicks that no longer exist. Please email me if you run into any of those and I will break the links. More information about the reposting is available here

It's debatable. But I'm going to keep up with it for a least another week – that's when I have my follow up with the naturopath.

It's be a hard go this time...They don't recommend doing the intro diet with a toddler and Alex isn't too into the GAPS diet, so I'm just going to integrate them into the full GAPS diet when I get there. In the meantime, I'm making at least one and half meals every time I cook, sometime two. I'm not at the point yet where I can always just make dinner and opt out of the potatoes or grains and add a salad and they're not really into eating soup five times a day.

We'll get there and it's not forever and I need to just keep reminding myself of that! It's been surprisingly easy to resist the goodies that have been everywhere for Christmas...I did skip a dinner with my committee on Saturday night because I checked the menu and there was nothing I could eat...I don't think they would have appreciated it if I had wandered in with my Thermos of soup in hand!

Now that we're two weeks in, my patience is beginning to return...thank goodness. That's not really something you want to be without when you have a toddler!

On the fatigue front, I think we're improving. It is less of a struggle to get out of bed in the morning and I've been really productive before work – making up a few days worth of soup, hard boiling eggs, making muffins for J and Alex – and usually making it out the door at just about the right time! I have been going to bed earlier and I know that's helping too.

My boss and I have been talking about the fatigue issues, and interestingly, we've both been experiencing them since we moved into the building. I was talking to one of the women who works down the hall earlier and she moved into the building a month or two before us. She said she was fine in the summer, but she’s been having trouble since the weather turned cooler and she had to keep her windows closed…so, maybe the problem is the building...

So overall, while it's been frustrating, I think the diet is doing some good...I'll find out for sure on next Tuesday when I have my appointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment