Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Green tongues, furniture shopping (or not) and pretty flowers

Alex and I got up bright and early on Saturday morning to go watch Dion play hockey. Brrrr...the rink was freezing!!


zoom

As you see, Dion is a super human - notice the speed lines streaking out behind him!

green tongued alien?His sister Alisha is also a super human, or quite possibly alien, with that green tongue!

Between games, Alex and I were supposed to go furniture shopping for a couch for my new place, because Richmond isn't just home to IKEA...it's also the furniture store capital of Canada. We got distracted by the bright sunshine and drove straight down Number 3 Road, past all the furniture stores and other stuff to the relatively furniture free (or at least big box furniture store free) town of Steveston.

stevestonYeah...it's official, Saturday was the perfect day to wander along the pier, look at the boats and drink some coffee. Hard to believe it was so beautiful all weekend and even on Monday - today it's horrible. When is winter going to leave us for real?!?!?!?! I don't like being teased like this.

So, there are now some pretty flowersreally pretty flowers on my kitchen table, courtesy of Vancouver Area...Yeah...I was surprised and stunned at the AGM when the Silver Merit Award recipient they were describing was ME! I apparently went as red as my vest. I'm still not entirely sure I heard them right, except there's this shiny Silver Merit Award attached debra shannon and annto my uniform. THANKS GUYS :) You made my day (and week and month) with the nice things you said and the amazing surprise of being recognized at the AGM.

1 comment:

  1. WOW! Huge congratulations! That is very special ;)

    ReplyDelete