Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Nectarines and Strawberries

I made the most amazing discovery yesterday...okay, maybe not amazing to anyone but me, but I'm still calling it amazing!

Nectarines and strawberries.

In the world of Shannon, it can be hard to eat because of all the things I'm not supposed to have and fruit consumption is highly restricted and in the winter often limited to apples and pears...but yesterday I went to the produce store and the nectarines and strawberries were cheap. Well, cheaper than they are in the winter when I ignore their existence because I'm not paying $5 for 10 puny, light pink strawberries picked weeks before they were ripe and imported from who knows where.

Anyway, in my bubble, it's the small stuff that makes me happy.

I'm going to eat some strawberries now.

1 comment: