Monday, April 03, 2006

Birds...birds are everywhere

anyone who knows me probably knows that I have completely irrational fear of birds (yes, that's a phobia)...all birds...dead birds, alive birds, wild birds, caged birds...I hate walking through the bird habitats at zoos (I don't like zoos much either, but that is a different story), the only time I don't mind birds is when they are far away, over there, not close to me or behind glass (or on tv, but in some obscure way, in my brain that counts as behind glass).

So...this morning my heart was beating like mad, my mouth was dry and my palms were clammy by the time I got safely to the office door because our parking lot has been TAKEN OVER BY CROWS. There were 30-40 crows congregated in the parking lot and on the path to the office. They were squawking and fighting and generally being disruptive and I couldn't help but think, "Is there something dead over there?" There were only about 5 crows when I left on Friday....They aren't that prolific are they? And baby crows take more than a weekend to grow up, right?

Thankfully a Plant Ops van drove past in front of me and they scattered, but they were loud, they were way too close and I was convinced they were going to dive bomb me. I've been dive bombed by a crow before and it was SCARY!

And now I'm scared to go get lunch. I can't see if they are still there.

And no, the phobia has nothing to do with Hitchcock's The Birds. NOTHING....I didn't see that until I was in my 20s and I had already been ornithophobic for 20+ years...

I'm hungry...

see...I told you I was pathetic!

2 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

    All I pictured there was that time you were over and we were on my balcony and my "friend" the seagull was visiting. I don't know who screamed harder and louder....you or the bird! Both of you looking at each other and flapping - HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

    ReplyDelete
  2. birds are scary....and their scary quotient quadruples when you're not expecting to see one five inches from your face!!!

    ReplyDelete