Monday, February 12, 2007

Factoid...

Last week I read a Catherine Cookson novel. I had never read a Catherine Cookson novel before, but one of my visitors came by with a book for me...It was a quick read, as in less than a day, but it served its purpose and distracted me. Today I checked the BCC News' Magazine Monitor's 10 things we didn't know last week and discovered that number one was:

Catherine Cookson novels have been borrowed from UK libraries 25 million times in the last 10 years.

That's a lot...but I did a bit of looking and discovered all kinds of things about Dame Cookson...25 million times seems like a huge number (well it is a huge number), but she wrote over 100 books in less than 50 years...Pretty prolific! Maybe it's time to visit the library again!

No comments:

Post a Comment