Thursday, January 13, 2011

The Annual Let's-Get-Ready-for-Christmas Christmas Party

And with this party I got to cross off #62: Host a Christmas party and one more recipe (36.14: Try 50 new recipes). I did not get to cross off #11: Mail Christmas cards before December 24th

I did it...

I didn't think I'd get to it this year, but it happened. As always it was a girls' night the last Saturday in November and the idea was that everyone would bring their unfinished projects for the holidays (cards, gifts, decorations, whatever) and we'd work on our projects and hopefully get something done before crazy December arrived.

Ha!

We had a great time and had lots to eat, but there was no work done.

And that's okay. Because we had a great time and had lots to eat (yes, I repeated that on purpose)

It was a bit of a challenge for me because it ended up being the first or second evil weekend of the GAPS diet, so I couldn't eat a lot of the yummy things that were spread out on our table.

Like this yummy looking hummus that I made. Apparently I took no pictures that night...this is the next day...I didn't even take pictures of the pretty food table with yummy goodies and a pretty Christmas table cloth...

hummus
Yes, another Martha Stewart recipe...and it was apparently yummy. I just got to smell it. I did substitute almost a whole head of roasted garlic for the two cloves, but it wasn't overpowering. Oh end of the GAPS diet, I am looking forward to you so that I can once again indulge in things like hummus!

And my cards didn't get done. TECHNICALLY I could cross it off the list because Alex mailed a batch for me before we went away and no where does it say ALL my Christmas cards, but I know my intent was all. So I'm not crossing it off.

Next year. Good thing there are three Decembers in this challenge! If it doesn't happen in 2011, then there's always 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment