Saturday, January 15, 2011

Bread without grains

36.15 Try 50 new recipes

The GAPS diet has forced me to try some new things...I've almond bread twice. There's no grains in this - the flour is almond flour.

The first time it looked horrible and it didn't taste great. There was an overwhelming scrambled egg taste to it.

almond bread

It took almost twice as long to bake as the recipe suggested. (It looks so horrible because I thought it was done and it wasn't so it formed a weird crust because I tried to pry it out of the pan...smart one Shannon)

The second time I made it, I substituted about 1/4 cup of apple sauce for one of the eggs and added some cinnamon and ginger and nutmeg. I used the ratio from some spice cookies. I'd double the spices if I made it again. The second time this was a nice, sweeter bread. I'd love to try it with applesauce again and use some savory spices. I let it cook longer the second time too and it was much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment