Monday, January 03, 2011

Farewell 2010

Well, I had thought I'd do this on New Years Eve, but, well, J had other ideas...I wanted to go to bed early, but J was up until 10:30...

Then I thought, oh, I'll do it on New Years Day. Ha. J was up at 5:00. I know people who arrived home later than that...J went to bed and got up before they had even finished partying.

UGH.

So, here's my recap of 2010. On January 3rd.

Oh, and somehow this is my 1000th post...yeah, 1000th post...how the heck did that happen?

2010 was a crazy year for us and while overall it was great, I must say I'm happy to see it gone.

Let's see...it started with the crazy diet and it ended with a new crazy diet...
We were rudely awakened to the frailty of human life and how lucky we are to have our loved ones (and just in case we didn't get the message the first time, we were reminded again in the fall).

I started acupuncture to sort out some leftover issues from having J.

The Olympics and Paralympic games came to Vancouver and we had a blast! We even got to catch up with a friend of mine from my Our Chalet days. Alex got to work a shift with fairly normal hours and we all loved it. Apparently the excitement of the Gold Medal hockey game was too much for me and I disappeared from blogland for the month of March.

March was also the start of bi-weekly yoga for me and I discovered how much I love it.

The end of March marked a huge change in my work life as my department closed for good and I was transferred to a brand spanking new department. It was a big change, a new experience, and brought many challenges, but nine months in, while I miss my coworkers from my old department, I am enjoying my new position, department, and coworkers.

We got to summer and looked forward to J entering UBC...daycare that is...

J grew from a little baby into a little girl who entertains us on a daily basis with all kinds of antics. We left her with my parents for a week at Easter, spur of the moment, and again in August when we took a little vacation.

I started two new challenges this year - a book challenge and a 101 in 1001 challenge. And I made a new imaginary blog friend!

We started using the kitchen book to organize our lives and maximize the time we get to spend as a family...life with a daddy on crazy, ever-shifting shift work can be trying for all involved.

The weather turned very cold and we even got a big dump of snow. I started knitting again. We began celebrating Christmas early with the Santa Claus parade and ended with a lovely little Christmas vacation in k-town.

So yeah, a very productive and relatively happy year...I'm happy to see 2011 though. I'm hoping it might be a bit smoother going than 2010 was.

As for resolutions, well I don't make them. I set goals throughout the year. Right now I'm working on sticking to the GAPS diet and crossing things off the list of 101 in 1001 days...We're also working on sorting out the STUFF in our lives...getting rid of four bags of books today was just the beginning!

Happy 2011 to my blog readers...hope yours is wonderfully amazing and happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment