Thursday, January 13, 2011

A very late birthday post

In which a few pictures are displayed. And I get two recipes closer to completing 101 in 1001 challenge 36.12 and 36.13: Try 50 new recipes

So, a couple of months ago it was my dad's birthday.

He came to Vancouver to see us J (my mom came too).

important graham cracker conversation
We invited my cousin and her family over for dinner.

bjarnastows
J loved baby C.

j and c
She took her clothes off and read/sang C Baby Beluga.

baby beluga concert
I made cake.

happy birthday bop
Martha Stewart's Versatile Vanilla Cake to be exact. MMMmmm...so good! My mom used to make us a white cake from the Purity Cookbook and it was scrumptious. Well, this one came close. My mom actually thought it was that recipe. But it wasn't. Because that one had shortening in it. This one has butter and a heck of a lot of eggs.

dad's birthday cake
Sooooooooo good!

And the icing was Billy's Chocolate Buttercream, another Martha Stewart recipe. It was soooooo good. I remembered that icing can be frozen, so I froze half of the icing because, holy crap, I generously filled and iced a cake and still had a ton of icing left. Note to self: halve Martha's buttercream recipes in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment