Thursday, January 13, 2011

A typical cancerian

That's me. I fit many of the Cancer traits. Especially the parts about being a homebody. That's me. I collect stuff. I like alone time almost as much as I like visiting with my (very close) friends and family. Just ask Fiona, I remember all kinds of things...things that will never, ever serve a useful purpose, ever! I can be untidy...

But no.

Apparently I'm not a Cancer.

I'm a Gemini.

Say what?

Interestingly, when I read the definition of a Gemini, I see some of my traits. I pretend to be a manipulator of language. I collect lots of information in my little brain (see above). I like to think I'm fairly flexible when things change. I loved my book club. I like intelligent conversation.

So what does this tell me? That we bend ourselves around our horoscopes...I can make myself fit Cancer and Gemini (although I see Alex way more when I read Gemini, but that might be because my brain is conditioned to think he's a Gemini, not the Taurus the article tells me he is) because really, the definitions are so broad that pretty much any personality can be contorted to fit whichever one our birthday tells us we are, even if heavens were to shuffle it all up and we were all assigned some other random sign...

Do you read your horoscope every day? Do you believe it? Do you read it at the beginning of the day or at the end of the day?

7 comments:

  1. Don't believe it. Don't read it. Well, that's not totally true. Don't believe it. Only read it when I'm bored and have a paper. Hey, look! It says I'm going to overcome an obstacle today. Well, I have three days worth of dishes to do and they're an obstacle to me being willing to invite a certain boy over after our date on Friday so if I wash them...

    Yeah, I put a lot of faith in it. Especially when two different astrolgers can give you two dfferent readings on the same day. Then again, I also spout my religious affliation as "Invisable Space Pickle" so it's pretty obvious I'm a skeptic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And while we're on the topic of me being a skeptic b!tch, this posting going around fb about the five Friday/Saturday/Sundays in July only happening every 834 years and being related to feng shui? Yeah, it happened last October and last May. In fact, it happens every couple of years for any month which has 31 days.

    Also, why would a chinese belief in how the placement of inanimate objects affects the flow of a building have anything to do with a western calendar?

    [/endrant]

    Thank you for indulging me my annoyances :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's also one that went around on 1/11 about adding the last two number of your birth year with how old you'll turn in 2011 and...hold your breath...it will equal....111! Holy cow! Math! Whoa...


    Sorry...apparently I'm cranky today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm definitely wearing my cranky pants today (similar to Sheldon's bus pants but less sticky... and if you get that reference, I think I might love you) so I'll put on a cuppa, pull up a chair and join you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes, got that reference....

    I'm going home now and hoping for a relatively peaceful night...good-bye never-ending cranky day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. There's no way I'm not a Taurus!! When I read descriptions of Taurians about 95% applies to me... but when I read about Aries only about 10% could apply! I think this whole sign out of alignment thing is hogwash! :o)
    p.s. I still think you are a Cancer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Except for being stubborn, Alex is certainly more of a Gemini than the Taurus they say he is now...

    Oh astrology...

    ReplyDelete