Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Back to work

J has been home sick since Monday. The doctor said to keep her home until tomorrow because she was contagious.

I'm not sure who's more excited about going back to daycare and work tomorrow - me or J. Might be J. I took her for a walk last night and you would have thought she hadn't been out for weeks.

Just in case I didn't know this before, the last three days have made me realize that if I were to be a stay-at-home mom, J would have to go to some kind of preschool or daycare a couple of days a week...or we'd both go nuts! We would also have to move. To a bigger place. Somewhere that has a master bedroom far removed from the main living space. Somewhere that has a laundry room/area separate from the master bedroom. Somewhere that has a kitchen that can easily accommodate dinner making, breakfast eating, and toddler train running...all at the same time. Somewhere with a yard.

And seriously, how is it possible that after three days at home, our house looks like a tornado hit it? How did we go through 12 glasses, 31 spoons, seven bowls but only three plates? Why is spending the day at home more exhausting than going to work, going to yoga, and doing all the other things I do - cooking, dishes, hanging out with J?

Heigh-Ho, Heigh-Ho, It's off to work I go...very happy to go!

3 comments:

  1. Ha Ha!
    Oh, Shannon... that's too funny.
    I know exactly what you mean!
    I have been home for 6 months now on maternity leave, and I definitely agree; if Sheliza didn't have preschool... oh, I can only imagine... It wouldn't be pretty, that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey was just wondering if you get any free childcare in america? Over here when your child reaches 3 you automaticaly get 15 hours a week at nursery free...I dont know what people did before this, Nate would be BORED out of his mind if he just had me to play with! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Tanya...ummm...that means there's a new baby!?! I think I live under a rock sometimes! Congratulations!

    @Flo - I wish we got something like that...Because we both work full time, J is in full time daycare - she loves it! But it's our second biggest expense every month...If I were able to stay home with her, I'd still put her in something a couple of days a week for exactly that reason - she'd go nuts with just me to entertain her and she likes the structure and routine of daycare.

    ReplyDelete