Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Alone Time

Alex started a new job a few weeks ago and along with it came all kinds of stuff, like better benefits and other good things. It also came with crappy hours. So now, we see each other for an hour every day, if we're lucky. We're really like ships in the night now...I'm sound asleep and have been for hours (in theory, when the insomnia isn't visiting) when he gets home and he's only been asleep for two hours when I'm rudely awakened by my alarm to start the day.

For the first few weeks of the new job, I was taking classes two nights of the week, so I didn't notice how much time we weren't spending together, but this week, now that my class is over, Alex's absence is pretty apparent. Evenings are long...I haven't read this many books in such a short period of time in I don't know how long. Parts of the house are spotless because I obsessively clean them, other parts of the house could do with a good scrub because I obsessively ignore them...Classes don't start until September, so I guess I'm going to have to find some other way to keep myself occupied before I go nuts!

Coffee? Ice Cream? Walk? Yoga? Dinner? anyone!?!?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment