Thursday, May 04, 2006

Angel Walk

Last night I finally finished Angel Walk. It was one of those books that I started forever and day ago...more than once actually, but it lived at my parents' house, so I would never finish it because I'd forget to take it home with me.

So at Christmas I took it home with me. And proceeded to read all kinds of other books in between, but in the last few weeks it has become my before bed book.

I inherited a liking for books about World War II from my mom. Don't ask me why - I think it was a horrific war, but books about WWII, non-fiction and fiction, have a bizarre attraction for me. So this book and it's back and forth between lake country Ontario, which reminds me in a small way of the lakes I grew up with, London and other parts of Europe was definitely appealing.

It was good. I enjoyed it. And now it's done. And that's okay. There wasn't anymore to write about, there were no more secrets to uncover, although the last secret, the one that Tyke tells us, seems totally out of place and almost unnecessary.

But anyway...

In answer to that favourite question: Would you recommend it?

YES...but only to the right person...not everyone likes frustrating love stories, war and abandoned children.

No comments:

Post a Comment