Monday, May 15, 2006

lunch dilemma

I don't like lunch.

I've never liked lunch.

Even when Mom or Dad made my sandwich, filled a container with canned fruit or yogurt, tossed in an apple and a something else (maybe more fruit or carrot sticks or a granola bar or a banana oat bar or if we were lucky a cookie or something) and a juice into a lunch bag, I didn't like lunch.

Sandwiches are good when they're fresh. As in, I make the sandwich now and I eat it now.

Lunch in the winter is okay now in our microwave equipped non-kitchen, but now that winter is over, I'm not sure what to eat...For a while I was going the leftover route, but I don't really need two big meals a day.

Suggestions?

Impromptu poll: What do *you* take for lunch.

I should clarify - I don't mind weekend lunches when I can make stuff fresh at home...I'm talking working bag lunches here....

4 comments:

  1. i like filling up on fruit, since it's my favorite food. and it works well in the summer since it's so tasty and refreshing. grapes, watermelon, apples with peanut butter, pineapple. things like nectarines and peaches, but only if you have a (CLEAN) sink nearby or the option of going outside to eat.

    sesame snaps. trail mix. granola bars.

    it seems my lunches consist mostly of snack foods.

    too many roast *gag* beef sandwiches in high school made me abhor sandwiches and i can't really make it through a non-fresh one. let's not even get into sandwiches that someone else has made.

    salads are good. just make sure to take any leaky/soggy/watery components in seperate tupperware and assemble your salad right before you eat it.

    on a side note, i MUST stop reading the overheardintheoffice archives at work, since i have silent giggle-fits that make me cry. then everyone wonders about me (even more than they already do...i wish i had a female co-worker...)

    t minus 59 minutes...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a very successful lunch-at-work person in general, but today worked out well:

    -potato salad
    -green salad
    -bun with tuna, cheese & some of the green salad lettuce
    -feta stuffed jalapeno pepper
    -banana

    my motto is:
    1. bits and pieces
    2. if I'm too lazy to make something in the am at home, just take the ingredients and make it at work (of course that requires that work has a kitchen)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get a job that allows you to eat in their 4-star restaurant for free while you're working. Hee HEE.

    Seriously, how do the people at my new place of work not do that EVERY DAY?

    Hey Rebecca - have you checked out overheardinnewyork yet?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm...that's a good one. I'm terrible at lunches.

    Lately I've been making fresh sandwiches in the overly priced new staff lounge. (if she were a middle aged man, it would be like a red convertable..ahem ahem)

    But that doesn't mean I enjoy them. All the stuff mentioned above sounds yummy, but I don't give myself enough time to prepare in the morning! I make a smoothy and thats it.....*sigh*

    So what I'm saying is...if someone gives you an awesome idea..pass it on sister!

    ReplyDelete