Saturday, May 27, 2006

I stayed up (almost) all night!

sooooo...I didn't quite make it all night...but almost.

Friday morning was ick. The sun was gone, the rain had decided it was time to take up permanent residence over Vancouver and I was walking around a track all night long to raise money for cancer research. And cancer research won, so I spend a coolish night, huddled under a shelter, wrapped up in as many blankets as I could find with the rest of my Girl Guide team. At one point someone thought I was a pile of blankets on a chair because I had two around my legs, one camp poncho around the rest of me, a toque pulled down to my eyebrows and a fleece vest pulled up to the bottom of my glasses...and then Alex arrived with another quilt for me. We walked for a hour at 1:00 and then I couldn't take it any longer. I was so tired, I gave up on inflating the air mattress and we just curled up in the tent with the deflated mattress and a quilt under us and a couple of fleece blankets and sleeping bags on top of us. All things considered I slept very well.

We arrived home at 8:00 am and slept until 2 and tonight people, lots of them, are coming over for a birthday party...can you say someone was crazy when deciding that a party was a good way to spend the evening after staying up all night the night before!!!

sleepy stacey
We were a bit pooped...Stacey stayed up all night, so she was a real trooper!
But it was for a good cause and it was fun!

Thanks everyone! Alex and I raised over $1,000 between us and the Girl Guide team raised close to $8,000. We even won a prize for being the community group who raised the most. Overall the event raised over $134,000. So thanks again for your contributions! Hopefully one day we won't have to do the Relay for Life again because there will be a cure for cancer!

we made it through the night
IS IT TIME TO GO HOME YET?!?!?!

3 comments:

  1. awww you guys are so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How awesome are you guys for doing that! Yay you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. cuteness, cuteness!!!

    I think that's the first photo I've seen of u 2 together.

    ReplyDelete