Wednesday, May 10, 2006

hot water...please...

This morning I woke up a few minutes later than I had planned, grumpy with a lack-of-sleep-headache, having suffered from some insanely frustrating insomnia last night, but I had a plan in mind for how I was going to get out of the house on time.

One of the first things I was going to do was take a nice warm shower...so that's what I did...but in the time it took for me to get in, get wet and start with the shampooing, well, the water went cold. Really cold. Iceberg cold. Not the cold where you can tolerate it long enough to rinse off. Evil cold. Somehow, I got most of the soap out of my hair and then took my now headachy, freezing cold body (seems my feet were particularly ice cube like) back to bed to wait for the water to heat up.

This cold water thing is not a new thing. It only happens when there is somewhere important to go that requires cleanliness...like work, Sunday morning Girl Guide meetings, lunch with Alex's family, social events...you know, places where you should smell clean. It doesn't happen on Sunday morning when I don't have anything else planned for the day and could hang out and wait for the water to heat up.

Normally about half an hour does the trick. This morning half an hour put a crimp in my plans, but it would have been okay. But no, it took almost an hour!!!!!!! Gotta call the landlady and let her know about this...I couldn't even forgo the shower this morning...I still had remnants of shampoo in my hair.

But I got to work...showered and clean.

Geeze...I'm a big whiner...the last three days, it's all been whinge whinge whinge...but really, I shouldn't be whining. I figure it's all pretty good in my world right now. Even though it feels like half the world is moving away, well, at least I got to hang out with them in Vancouver for a while. And even though I moan and complain about the bus, moaning and complaining about it means at least two things - I have a job that I have to get to and I have the option of taking the bus. And even though I had no hot water this morning, at least I normally have hot water and hey, I have running water, so that makes things even better!

note to self: STOP WHINING!!!

1 comment: