Monday, May 08, 2006

Time flying and things changing...

Time is moving way to quickly. I have been going back and forth on email with my friend Stacey and we have come to the following conclusions:

1. we last saw each other when she was pregnant
2. she didn't know anything about Alex
3. it doesn't feel like almost 18 months since we saw each other....but it is!
4. that's too long between visits

So we're trying to figure out a time that is "mutually convenient" and I'm looking at my calendar and I just don't know when I became a social butterfly...cause as we all know, I am a homebody. It would be nice to see both Aaron and Stacey and their kids before their kids graduate from university!

So yeah, time flies like crazy and I'm not sure how much I like that. It would be nice if life slowed down a bit so that I could really truly enjoy every second of it and maybe get eight hours of sleep every night too.

As part of the things changing in my life, I've decided to slow down. So...the calendar comes out and when there are more than two Girl Guides nights in a week on the calendar, there are no more Girl Guide events that week. Unless it's a really special event or something like that. Or if it's a camp. Cause I'm going to camp this summer and it's a week long and somehow I don't think it would go over so well if after the second day I said to everyone, well, I'm here, but I'm no longer doing Girl Guide stuff...sorry...yeah...not so helpful!

And things changing...well...there are more and more and more of those things every day it seems. My other friend Stacey finally convinced me to go to the gym with her and I liked it (I CAN'T believe I just said I *LIKE* the gym). Roslyn is leaving Vancouver and, thus, the blue house. Alex is moving into the blue house. Kelsey is abandoning me to move back to K-town. Anne is going back to Ontario...and the list goes on and on. I guess I shouldn't complain. Saying goodbye to three people sucks, but there are these three amazing things, letters, telephones and the internet, so while they won't be in Vancouver anymore, at least they won't be somewhere totally inaccessible!

Okay...if that isn't a Monday morning ramble, then I don't know what is!

Enough already!

3 comments:

  1. aww sayig goodbye does suck. I just had an hour long conversation with my friend Michelle who moved to Calgary. We were chatting away and she said "Can you believe I've been here for 2 years?" WHAT? 2 years? Are you crazy? I couldn't believe it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto. Just talked to my friend Adam in London. It's been 7 years since I've seen him. Oh how I miss having a hot australian man walking around my apartment with nothing on but boxer shorts. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  3. tell stacey I say hi!!

    ReplyDelete