Sunday, May 28, 2006

The Birthday non-Party

Somehow the concept of a Birthday non-Party is a bit hard for me to grasp. I kind of think that maybe it was a party even though we called it a non party...cause there was all this party stuff:
look at all those candle
let's play table hockey
  • Lots of people
  • Birthday cake complete with candles
  • Beer
  • Wine
  • Punch
  • Food
  • More food
  • Laughing
  • Some mild drunkenness
  • Table hockey games galore....

Yeah...I think in the end, it turned out to be a PARTY!

It was fun and we had a great time. I even got a present even though it was Alex's birthday.

pretty flowersChandra brought me pretty flowers to cheer me up after everything that happened in the last few weeks :) So this cake:

smartie cakelooks suspiciously like a cake I made for another party a few weeks ago. I think I need to expand my cake decorating repertoire. Oh, and can you tell I'm a Smarties addict...or I was, I've since quit cold turkey and only eat Smarties that are on cake.

Between staying up all night on Friday and a party last night and a double dose of family today (Alex's for lunch and mine for dinner) I could use another weekend to get rested. I'm hoping that all the activity might mean an end to that evil insomnia tonight! (Oh, and don't get me wrong, we love visiting with the family, it's great stuff!)

4 comments:

  1. alex looks like he doesn't really want a flaming birthday cake in his lap! harharhar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, well, it was kind of on fire.

    we had to open the windows so the really loud smoke detector wouldn't go off and make the upstairs and downstairs neighbours evacuate their places because it sounds like the building is on fire.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's very suspicious! As I recall I heard sirens the last time I was at your place ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would have taken a better picture but it took forever for the flash to recharge. I think I got that one and one with a lot of smoke. Bugger. At least the one of you cutting the cake turned out nice and artsy even.

    Thanks for the fun time lady!

    p.s. - I've posted Issue #2 of Fabulous Things on my blog.

    ReplyDelete