Sunday, September 12, 2010

Cashew Chicken - take two

Friday night we had Martha's cashew chicken again.

chicken take two
Mmmmm....so good! I made my little modification - I added some celery and it was so good. We even had it on brown rice this time and mmmm. This has earned its way onto our list of regular menu items. Quick, tasty and yummy. What could be better than that? And, if I chop everything (except maybe the chicken - I'm all about not handling chicken multiple times if it can be avoided) the night before, it probably takes about 20 minutes to make. I just have to remember to take some out of the pan before adding the nuts if J is going to take leftovers in her lunch.

If you like cashew chicken, this is a recipe I highly recommend!

2 comments:

  1. That looks really good! I will have to had that to the list.

    Do you have any good crockpot recipes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good...your girls will probably like it too! J wasn't a fan of the celery (no surprise there) but it's good with broccoli and cauliflower and she'll eat those.

    I have some good slow cooker recipes - I'll email them to you later this week - but, in the meantime, this is one of our favourites (again, Martha) http://www.marthastewart.com/recipe/slow-cooked-tex-mex-chicken-and-beans

    If you don't like super spicy, cut back on the chipotle. I started small and increased gradually. J wasn't a big face of the spice, but I found if I cut some of the pieces of chicken before I shredded them and took some of the inside bits of chicken out, she'd eat those. Then I shredded the leftover bits.

    We usually have it on rice or in a burrito/wrap. It's good with Monterey Jack cheese.

    Oh, and I usually double the liquid and the beans or it's too meaty for us. A single recipe lasts for a few days, so I usually make it when we're having company and then there's either no leftovers or just a lunch or dinner worth!

    ReplyDelete