Monday, September 27, 2010

Two weeks into a 143 week challenge...

and I'm still breathing. And I deposited my first $5 into my 101 things challenge bank account.

YAY! Slow and steady progress. I don't have to do one thing a week to complete this...well, sort of because of those things have multiple components (EEEEeeep...50 new recipes? Really? At least I didn't go totally off the deep end and chose 101!)

So, stats?

Complete: 1
In progress: 19
Not started: 81

Not bad.

So what's done?

20. Take Alex to the pool

What's still happening?

1. Fit back into pre-tumble down the stairs clothes - this one could take a while...

7. Pack away all of J's clothes and things that are too small or too young for her - ugh...this kid has so many clothes. Rubbermaids are purchased. Now I just need an couple of hours with no help to sort and put them away!

13. Weigh less on day 1001 than on day 1 - so far so good

21. Do an insurance inventory of the contents of our home

25. Stick to our budget for Christmas gifts

26. Write 10 thank you cards with J

36. Try 50 new recipes [3/50] - Recipes 2 and 3 will be posted together later. Later tonight, I hope. We're having them for dinner. They're done, just not baked and tasted.

40. Decide what we're going to put on the clutter collecting wall in the living room and buy it/have it made - I think we've made the decision. Now we just need to get the thing

50. Declutter 101 items to toss, give away, sell on craigslist or give to charity - For my own tracking, I've created a separate blog for this. It's boring. Also, things don't count until they've actually left the house and have joined their new home There's nothing on that blog yet - the first things are still in the trunk of the car. I'm getting there.

60. Host a baby shower There will be a baby shower! The baby is here! She doesn't have a name yet, but she's here. I'm very excited!

73. Blog about each one of the 101 things

75. Write at least twice a week for Get Fit Chicks for a month

78. Send at least five postcards a month for three months using Postcrossing - month one [3/5], month two [0/5], month three [0/5]

79. Make a list of 101 beautiful things in my life

88. Take a risk and take on a BIG challenge that is outside my comfort zone on the next project at work

92. Clear my personal email inbox - home and work - EEEeeeep...this is taking so long. My personal email boxes are clear, but I'm still working on the work one. Maybe I need to lower my expectations a little

100. Put $5 in a special savings account for every item I cross off this list - this now has a small balance! So exciting.

So I'm happy.

I heard a rumour that someone I know who happens to read this blog is also contemplating doing this and starting a blog. I'm very impatient to see what her list looks like! I know what the first thing she's working on is...and I am pretty sure (unless she reordered her list) that it's not item #1!

3 comments:

  1. I read that last paragraph! Yes I've started my list - I've even done a few things on it! But man, I don't know where you find the time to keep a blog going - maybe starting it is the most time consuming part. Also I'm perplexed about this because I don't have a 2 year old so really shouldn't I have way more time than you??!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you got that far down! That was a big babbly post.

    I don't have time...I just have perfected an art I started working on at university...I multi-task - I pre-write everything in my head...so while I wash dishes or drive to work, my brain is actually plotting out what I'm going to write. And then it only takes as long as it takes to type, because I've done most of the planning, figuring out, creating and editing in my head already...and those are the things that take up so much time!

    The only thing I haven't figured out how to speed up is the photo editing...we're working on that!

    Besides, you are busy, probably busier than me - you have a social life and I have a two year old. Which means while I am "stuck" at home doing dishes, I can easily plan blog posts in my head, but if you did that while you were out with your friends, they might be a little insulted and think you weren't paying attention to them. The dishes, well, they just don't care!

    And you're probably right - once you start, you'll find it easier (not easy, just easier) to update!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you just have a higher functioning head than me! I forget things too quickly and so planning it all out in my head ahead of time only gets me so far!

    Jess did get annoyed with me the other night because I was concocting my list in between scrabble turns. Then when we went to bed I brought my list with me and kept interrupting our conversation with new list items LOL! She's like 'enough with the list!!!'

    ReplyDelete