Thursday, September 30, 2010

Help please!

This post was originally published at Get Fit Chicks. It may refer to posts on Get Fit Chicks that no longer exist. Please email me if you run into any of those and I will break the links. More information about the reposting is available here

Okay, so as I prepare to start the crazy diet again, I need some help! I’m trying to compile some recipes that fit the diet criteria and I’m stuck. I’ve gone through every cookbook I own and I know I need more recipes! I also discovered that lately we’ve been eating a lot of things that have lots of tomatoes in them and more cheese than I’d like.

After a discussion with my naturopath, this list is modified from the list I used the last time. Beans, peas, legumes, peppers, and small amounts of yogurt are back on the list, which makes me happy because, ugh, it’s hard to eliminate all of those things.

Corn and Soy products
Fermented dairy products including sour cream and cheese, but small amounts of yogurt are okay.
Some nuts including peanuts and walnuts, but not cashews, almonds or pecans
Tomatoes and tomato products
Avocados
All citrus fruit and most tropical fruits including bananas, mangoes, pineapple, papaya etc.
Grapes and raisins, plums, prunes, apricots and peaches
Pickles or dried fish
Liver products including liverwurst (EW!)
Yeast concentrates and homemade bread
Meat extracts including bouillon cubes and Worcestershire sauce
Pickled anything/vinegars especially balsamic
Luncheon meats, sausage and any other meat or fish that isn’t fresh or frozen
Beer and ale, wine and any fermented alcoholic beverage
Liquorice
Chocolate and cocoa
Cola

In addition, for the first week I need to eliminate the following things: sugar, all dairy, caffeine, wheat, corn, soy.

After the first week I can add milk (but no other dairy) and the caffeine back in, but the rest are off the menu. Then, I get to add the other stuff after week two, one thing at a time with a few days in between each addition. I’m not sure what I’ll want first – sugar or wheat.

So. If you have any recipes that don’t contain any of the things up there, let me know! I’d love to see them. As I go through this round of the crazy diet, I will try to post anything I find that turns out well.

No comments:

Post a Comment