Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Slow going

It's coming along...slowly but surely. But I'm pooped.

This gave me a heart attack last night:

pink bathroom
The pink/peach was about three shades darker than the rest of the house, but I'd never noticed...and it was such a thirsty wall that I thought I might need three coats of the blue (which is hard to make out in this picture) but everything evened out nicely after coat number two. Thank goodness. Bathrooms are horrid rooms to paint.

Though, this bedroom is giving the bathroom a run for its money.

window dressing
The blinds are up. They're not coming down. So, I had to figure out how to keep them paint free. Solution: LOTS of tape and plastic. And thank goodness most of them lift and drop so they're easy to get around! But it took almost an hour to do. The prep on this room has taken FOREVER. But it will be worth it. It will be worth it. It will be worth it...that is my mantra.

look at the colour
I removed some stupid stuff that was on the walls from the previous owners. Who had not bothered to tape or remove the stuff when they painted the room pinkish, so it was all painted down (including the light plates, power plates etc. grrrr...). Underneath was the colour this room was two colours ago...we had an inkling...there were specks of paint on the carpet and the ceiling...ugh. This would have been a horrible room! Our bedroom (which faces north) was navy blue before they painted it the same inoffensive boring almost pink that the entire house (except J's bathroom) is. Someone had questionable taste in colours.

strange ceiling
J's bedroom is giving me grief. I'd almost rather do another bathroom. The ceiling hates me and I can't figure out why. I'm hoping coat number two will be as miraculous as the bathroom's second coat. Anyone have any suggestions or solutions for this yuckiness? (in the top right corner)

sneak peek
Here's a sneak peek at J's bathroom. I still need to finish up the edges (there's supposed to be no pink there!) and I haven't painted the trim or the door yet. There's no natural light in that bathroom so it's hard to see the colours. The ceiling is Lighter Mint and the walls are Lauren's Surprise (huh? what colour is that!?!?!) and the trim and door will be Westhighland White. The bedroom just has a plain white ceiling, the same trim and the walls will be Bonsai Tint. And the rest of the house can wait.

I had hoped to get our room done as well, but that will have to wait for another time. J is back sometime on Saturday and I'd like our house back to sort of normal by Friday. Painting makes for tons of junk in the living room and dining room that belongs somewhere else!

No comments:

Post a Comment