Friday, September 24, 2010

Emerald-Green Velvet Soup

It was cold yesterday. And wet. And grey. And winter. Even though fall had only been here for less than 24 hours. It was winter (it still is today). La Niña is a bully and scared fall away already.

So it was a definitely a soup night. Pretty convenient that soup was actually planned too.

I lucked out. Kelsey is training to be a teacher right now and asked if she could come over after school to practice reading to J. So I picked her up on my way to daycare to pick up J and we all went home together. And it only took me 15 minutes to put dinner together - Emerald-Green Velvet Soup and quesadillas (because we had leftover tortillas from Tortilla Pie) - because J was occupied by Kelsey and didn't care that I was in the kitchen behind the gate and not playing with her, colouring with her or reading with her.

soup timePretty veggies (Martha says one bunch of parsley makes 5-6 cups, but I needed two). There's that Avtar garlic I mentioned before.

simmer away little potSimmering goodness...my phone makes that pot look very tall and skinny. It's not.

emerald soup
It was sooooooo good. J didn't like it. But that's the story of J's life right now. Kelsey and I loved it. Alex ate later - not sure if he had any or not. We were so hungry that I didn't get a shot of it last night - this is leftovers for lunch (the colour isn't quite as brilliant)

YUMMY!! I'm so happy winter food is here for a few months.

No comments:

Post a Comment