Monday, September 27, 2010

Diet Decisions

This post was originally published at Get Fit Chicks. It may refer to posts on Get Fit Chicks that no longer exist. Please email me if you run into any of those and I will break the links. More information about the reposting is available here

So, I’ve made a decision about my diet. I’ve been really tired (I think it’s a combination of not getting enough good sleep, things at work changing, the weather and what I’m fueling my body with) for the last little while and it needs to stop!

It’s time to try to stick to the crazy diet again. For a good month, longer if possible. But I’m not starting until October 15.

Yes, I know, it’s still two and a half weeks away, so why am I blogging about it now? Well, mostly so that I’ll stick to the plan. I’ve declared loud and clear over the internet that the crazy diet is my intention and hopefully that will keep me motivated to follow through.

October 15 is the date I picked because it’s a good date – easy to track and remember. I’m trying to stick to the diet for an entire month, which would take me to November 15. But why not October 1?

EASY!

Thanksgiving. The first week (or two) of the diet involves eliminating a bunch of things and then adding them back in over time. I don’t want to be in the avoidance period or the reintroduction period over Thanksgiving as we will be out of town for five days and other people will be cooking for me. I really don’t need to make the cooks’ lives or cooking more chaotic over a holiday weekend. So, I figure, start the weekend after Thanksgiving. Which means no chocolate over Hallowe’en for me. Which might not be such a horrible thing.

I also wanted to give myself some time to get our lives at home organized again. My husband started a different shift with more “normal” hours this week and J has just settled into daycare and my job is going through a big transformation in the next week or so, so things are a bit off kilter at our house. I hope that by the middle of October we will be back into a routine and that will make the crazy cooking easier.

The countdown to crazy time begins!

No comments:

Post a Comment