Monday, September 20, 2010

Seven down, lots to go

[Days, not items on the list]

So, a week in to the 101 things in 1001 days challenge and I have made good progress and I haven't given up...now that would be silly of me!

Let's see...so far the following are in progress:

1. Fit back into pre-tumble down the stairs clothes - this one could take a while...

7. Pack away all of J's clothes and things that are too small or too young for her - ugh...this kid has so many clothes. New Rubbermaids are in order!

13. Weigh less on day 1001 than on day 1 - this one is ongoing...and will be ongoing until the end. Note to self: if you do this again, don't make any of the things something that you will either finish or not finish on the last day of the challenge. Crossing things off the list is satisfying. And motivating!

21. Do an insurance inventory of the contents of our home - OMG! I started with J's bathroom and it took twenty minutes. There's nothing much in J's bathroom. The kitchen is going to take forever...and the storage room...but at least once it's done, we'll have a bit more peace of mind knowing that we've catalogued everything in the event that something bad happens

25. Stick to our budget for Christmas gifts - yes, I've already started shopping. Just a few little things, but I've started.

26. Write 10 thank you cards with J - birthday thank yous coming soon!

36. Try 50 new recipes [1/50] You can read about my new recipe attempts here

38. Eat at ten new restaurants or coffee shops

50. Declutter 101 items to toss, give away, sell on craigslist or give to charity - For my own tracking, I've created a separate blog for this. It's boring. Also, things don't count until they've actually left the house and have joined their new home There's nothing on that blog yet - the first things are still in the trunk of the car. I'm getting there.

60. Host a baby shower Talks have started, but it might end up being not at our house. We'll see.

73. Blog about each one of the 101 things

78. Send at least five postcards a month for three months using Postcrossing - month one [3/5], month two [0/5], month three [0/5]

79. Make a list of 101 beautiful things in my life

88. Take a risk and take on a BIG challenge that is outside my comfort zone on the next project at work - this is so crazy. I made my list. The next day I came to work. I had a meeting with my boss. It somehow, in a round about, unplanned way, ended with a discussion about changing my job description and giving me a large project to work on that's exactly this. And actually, I am confident that I can do it. I know I'm going to enjoy it (even when the going gets CRAZY) because it's more along the lines of why I took the job in the first place...five years ago. But things evolved differently than we expected. Anyway. It's started. And I'm going to run with it!

92. Clear my personal email inbox - home and work - I'm almost done! I have two personal accounts (one for me, one for the blog) and one work account. First thing I did was remove any old subscriptions I no longer wanted and set up filters so that things coming into my personal accounts were already tagged to make archiving faster. It's pretty much just my work email left. I let my inbox and sent items get super full and I just need to sit down and do it. NO PROCRASTINATING...

100. Put $5 in a special savings account for every item I cross off this list - it's empty, but I set up a special savings account for this. Then at the end I can do something fun with the money. Or put it in my RRSP. Or something.

That's all for now, but next week I expect that bank account to have a balance. Even just a small one!

No comments:

Post a Comment