Monday, July 11, 2011

White Bean and Basil Salad

36.36 Try 50 new recipes

So the cookbook deemed this an Italian recipe. Makes sense. Italians like to incorporate the red, white and green of their flag into their food. Too bad some silly person bought Romano beans instead of Cannellini or Navy Beans...that person would be me. My excuse, and I'm sticking to it, is that they were probably on the shelf next to each other and I was shopping with my not-quite-three-year-old and that makes it hard to concentrate.

white bean and basil salad

It would be every so much prettier with white beans (sorry for the crappy photo. It was late and we wanted to eat and the light was strange). It was so good though. I have professed my love for basil before and the dressing on this salad was pretty much just basil and olive oil. HEAVEN. (oh, I'd add another pepper or two to it if I made it again. Just for some extra vegetables and colour)

This was supposed to be Alex's meal, but because of last minute schedule changes and unexpected out-of-town guests taking us out for dinner, I ended up making it on Friday. It is so easy. And Alex will have the chance to make it later in the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment