Monday, May 23, 2011

Me Time

There’s not a lot of me time in my life right now…I touched on it the other day, but basically my me time is short. If I’m lucky I get an hour or two after J goes to bed before I go to bed and the first thing I do with that time is the dishes or laundry or lunches or some other necessity. I’ve been trying to get out the door at lunch and get a walk in or sit somewhere other than my office and read or something, but that’s not always possible…but I do indulge and once a week we get a sitter for a couple of hours.

I was (when no one was sick) using my two hours to go to a run clinic, but it’s over now…when our sitter sent me a message to see if I wanted her tonight even though it was a holiday, I almost said no. But I’m glad I changed my mind…Although I had thought I’d spend the time on a project I’m working on, but then I thought about it and I’d end up not even making enough to pay the sitter if I did that…so I figured I’d take the time and hang out on my own, enjoy a coffee and just be by myself.

That was the best idea ever! Now I’m ready to head home, put J to bed, finish the dishes and then do some work. All good! I definitely needed a reminder to take some time for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment