Thursday, May 19, 2011

Week 18: Functional vs Fabulous

Okay, so I'm trying to catch up in the Organizing Junkie Challenge before tomorrow...which is really week 20...I might be able to do it, but I'm not sure. I guess it depends on how today goes...


Photobucket

I don't usually look at magazines for inspiration for tidying up clutter and organizing my life...more often than not the images are too sanitized. I find personal blogs a better place to look for that kind of thing - the solutions they're showing are real. Sometime you even see a bit of a mess or clutter or something that isn't quite working in a blog. You don't see that in a magazine. I know my house is never going to be "perfect" but I don't want it that way. I'd much prefer my house looked lived in than like a magazine spread. I want people to feel comfortable and at home in my house, not like they're in a museum or visiting the Queen...and I know I'm never going to get rid of ALL of my clutter...or my kid's toys.

Week eighteen questions:

1. Do you sometimes use limited funds as an excuse not to get organized?
I'm trying not to. I have one piece of organizing furniture that I want to get and I know it will help our organizing issues a lot, but the car decided it needed to get some new parts. And the washer and dryer are loads away from retiring. So, I have to work with what I've got. Which is why I haven't done anything about it. You can see two of the pieces I'm replacing here and the third one is where the black wire think is in this picture. I've created a plan for what I want to put there and what will go in it once it's there...and I'm trying to work around it. I'm trying to get rid of things on these current pieces of furniture that won't be on the new piece and if they're things I want to keep, I'm trying to find homes for them...then when the day comes (I'm hoping by the end of the summer, earlier if possible) I'll be ready to do a quick switcheroo.

2. What’s on your list to organize this week?
I'm still working on the clothing problem in the bedroom. I'd like to get our bedroom sorted out...there's just so much STUFF in there...big black garbage bags and recycling bins, here I come!

3. What one task do you notice yourself continually putting off? Why do you think that is?
The clothing...because I hate folding and putting away clothes. HATE IT. But it always looks so wonderful when I'm done. You'd think the reward was worth it...apparently not!

No comments:

Post a Comment