Thursday, May 05, 2011

Shopping time...

This post was originally published at Get Fit Chicks. It may refer to posts on Get Fit Chicks that no longer exist. Please email me if you run into any of those and I will break the links. More information about the reposting is available here

Stacey and I must be on the same wave length…I woke up this morning and decided it was time to start posting over here again and when I got here, there was Stacey’s newest post too!

I have lots to say (as is usually the case when I go away for a while) but I’m going to try to keep it short today…I’m excited and apprehensive because this weekend I’m going to do something I haven’t done in ages – buy some new clothes. And not because I need something specific to wear somewhere specific but because I’ve hit a point where I have nothing to wear. My pants don’t fit and there is nothing in my stash of smaller clothes that fits me. It’s still all too small. HUH?

At first I was confused. When I started trying to lose weight and be healthier, I knew I had arrived to where I was weight-wise by gaining weight, one pound at a time. And I am certain I was clothed during that time.
But then I realized what was going on. The last time (the only time) I weighed the weight I am now, I was pregnant. I had a baby belly and a baby-carrying body. So I was wearing maternity clothes. No wonder none of the clothes packed away in the trunk in the basement fit. I never actually weighed what I weigh today when I wasn’t pregnant.

So, because my pants are all sliding down my hips and sagging in the butt, I’m off to get myself some new clothes this weekend. I’ve never been a big shopper and I’ve never enjoyed shopping, but I’m trying to convince myself this is a positive step, but I’m nervous. I’m not where I hoped to be by May, but I am losing weight, so I just need to keep reminding myself of those positives.

And I need to remember that in two months time the pants I buy this weekend should not fit anymore, so I should only buy one or two pairs. Because why spend more than I need to on something I won’t use for very long. And in two months it’s going to be summer anyway, so I’ll probably want capris and skirts…

If you have any suggestions of where to shop for not too expensive clothes, I’m all ears…

No comments:

Post a Comment