Friday, May 13, 2011

Technology blips...

So yesterday Blogger had a meltdown and took a sick day.

Then WordPress decided it would be fun to randomly add characters to the URL of my post so that browsers don't recognize it so I can't do anything with it. (It's the first post [for now] over at Get Fit Chicks) [I've tried to rename the URL, but it won't let me touch the random string of characters...if anyone has any advice, I'd love to hear it!]

Facebook decided to give away the "key" to my account...makes me feel ever so secure about my personal information that they're "not" going to share....

And today? Twitter is being a tease.

Not that this should really make me all that upset. Because Blogger was down, I went to bed at a decent hour instead of writing a post. Which probably wouldn't have been all that interesting since I've totally forgotten *what* I was going to write about.

And my post is there at Get Fit Chicks. I just have to figure out how to make it not be a pain in the butt.

And Twitter, well, it's really just a time wasting device for me. But it's my lunch break and I want to see what random and wonderful stuff people are writing tweeting about.

But all of this (and my grouchiness around it) reminds me that maybe I did prefer the time when you had to put pen to paper to communicate. Or actually dial the phone. When was the last time I talked to someone other than my parents or my husband on the phone? NO IDEA. I probably emailed, texted, Facebooked or commented on their blog instead.

So instead of getting staying mad at technology I think I'm going to go for a walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment