Saturday, June 10, 2006

early morning insomnia

Wow...insomnia seems to be a pattern on these things lately...Heddy and I are both seemingly regular sufferers of the evil thing...

Apparently just when you're getting used to the thing and creating ways and routines around it, it mutates. Like mine. Last night I hit the pillow and I was out cold. So tired from everything I've been doing and from the definite lack of sleep due to INSOMNIA that I just completely zonked out.

YAY!

I've been waiting for that moment for weeks...there was no tossing and turning, no turning the light on to try to read myself to sleep, none of that annoying feeling where my eyelids are so heavy they feel like someone poured cement in them and they'll barely stay propped open, yet they won't let me sleep, just pure and total zonked-outness....ahhhhhh....

until 4:54. And then 5:03 and then 5:08 and then 5:11 and it goes on and on...so finally and 6:17 I gave up and decided that if I was indeed going to be awake, at least I could do something productive with the time...

now the cement feeling is back....and I have a full day ahead of me...

will I ever win this battle?????

4 comments:

  1. aaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwww Shanny! I'm up too...is anyone else? *sigh*

    I heard someone shouting outside at 5:30 and that's what actually woke me up, BUT I couldn't get back to sleep :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wasn't up early yesterday, but this morning I was awake at 7:15am. I did end up making myself some awesome caramelized apple crepes (without flour, egg or milk thankyouverymuch) :) - so the morning wasn't a complete loss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How the heck did you make them without flour? I'm sooooooooooooo interested! (I can't eat wheat)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ah yes - I did know that. I used spelt flour and soy milk. It helps if you know the proper consistency of crepe batter. And you really don't need the egg. I tried it once with corn flour but it was too thick. I can make pancakes too by adding a bit of baking powder. Let me know if you need more details.

    ReplyDelete