Thursday, June 08, 2006

feels like winter

Here I am, at the beginning of June, all bundled up in sweats and a blanket. Normally, even cold me would think this was an indication of a cold or something, but no, not today. The rain is coming down in sheets. The rain has been coming down in sheets for hours.

When I woke up this morning, I thought, hey, my alarm hasn't gone off yet, but why am I wide awake? I lay there on my back looking at the ceiling, willing myself to go back to sleep. From the little bit of light sneaking in from behind the blinds and curtains, I knew it was no earlier than about 5:15. Finding this insomnia hard to believe, I finally rolled over and realized that, ooops, didn't set the alarm and the reason it was dark out side was not because it was early in the morning, but because it was 9:15 and miserable outside.

Yeah, I was late for work.

I left the house in a spring jacket, waterproof, but no hood, thinking, by lunch time it will be blistering hot again, just like it was yesterday. BUT NO. By the time I left work to head to an appointment, it was pouring. Thank goodness I had planned to stop by my house to pick up my Guide uniform on the way...not only did I switch from the waterproof jacket with no hood to one with a hood, I also had to change my pants because I was DRENCHED from the rain...and it has barely let up.

I guess Mother Nature wants us Vancouverites to know what it's like in the Southern Hemisphere right now...except we already had winter....bring summer back!!!!!

Wow, it's suprisingly easy to ramble on about rain when you can't sleep...

oh, insomnia...insomnia...

maybe I'll have an insomnia inspired epiphany tonight just like Heddy did the other night. (Does it count if I have the same epiphany?)

1 comment:

  1. well....insomnia is visiting you as well, I see...hmmmmm..very interesting!

    It sucks huh? At 3am when you get a brilliant idea and then when you send out an email to all your g friends about "said idea" a few days later...it kinda makes you re think if it was in fact
    "brilliant"..but from all the fabulous emails I'm getting back, I guess it wasn't so bad after all!

    It's so hard to tell because I've been SO tired the whole time, it's hard to define reality from my half sleep slumber .... I know you know what I mean...ok...I'm starting to not make sense...hahahahahahahah...oh sleep....where are you?

    ReplyDelete